Trade Marketing Manager
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 8,413,174 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for an experienced Trade Marketing Manager to report into our Head of Marketing, working closely with our Sales and Growth leads to spearhead the growth of our b2b channels.
This ideal candidate will be commercially-minded but with creative flair to ignite the b2b channels, driving quality leads while nurturing top accounts to increase lifetime value. You should have demonstrable experience of working with trade marketing channels and distribution partners, as well as supporting direct sales teams. The channels we work within are Product Merchandising (think co-branded bottles) and Wholesale.
We are on a mission to stop 7 billion plastic bottles in weight by 2025, and become the world’s most-loved ocean brand.
- Develop marketing strategies aligned to business KPIs for our key B2B channels, including but not limited to:
- Corporate Merchandising
- Regional Distribution
- Agency Resale
- Co-create the ABM strategy with the sales team, nurturing key accounts to drive engagement and revenue, while managing day-to-day marketing activities (such as product listings, email blasts)
- Brief content for lead gen activity that pushes forward the Ocean Bottle brand while optimising for conversion, adapted for multiple customer profiles / buying audiences
- Develop and manage key activities to drive quality inbound activity such as trade shows, events, webinars, and more
- Create memorable campaigns that get in front of our target b2b audience and the decision-makers, leveraging partners and their networks
- Work with the Head of Marketing to review advertising opportunities to drive awareness and consideration within our target market/industries
- Working with major end clients for after sales support/impact storytelling, e.g. LinkedIn Interviews, Internal Email Comms, External Comms
- Be the voice of the B2B channel within the marketing team, sharing key insights and learnings, and leveraging the support of the department to drive forward your ideas
- Support the Head of Marketing in evaluating the success of marketing activity and penetration & consideration across our ideal customer profiles (ICPs)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a B2B marketing position
- You have experience in relationship management and after-sales care
- You are a natural relationship builder, able to quickly build rapport with our customers and the Ocean Bottle team
- You pride yourself on your organisational skills and have a keen eye for detail
- You are results driven and motivated by working within a sales team
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- Proven sales return from marketing strategy and activations you have led
- Experienced with both Excel and Powerpoint reporting to run regular analysis
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay £40,000 - £50,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with team-wide get-togethers and workshops on Wednesdays.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do team trips twice a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
🌍 Carbon offsetting: Did you know a Londoner’s average annual carbon footprint is 12.5 tonnes CO2, so to help combat this we include our employee’s footprint in our annual offsetting scheme.
To apply, please click here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Ocean Bottle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally recognised protected basis prohibited by applicable law. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.