Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 7,639,660 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
With a hands-on role in shaping, growing and measuring the power of the Ocean Bottle brand, the Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for delivering campaigns that connect consumers to our mission, and bring them together to turn the tide on ocean-bound plastic. You will be a natural storyteller, able to articulate ideas that engage our community and open up conversations around sustainability to new audiences.
The ideal candidate will be creative but with the ability to make data-informed decisions, utilising customer research, sales data and other key performance metrics to inform marketing strategy and optimise the media mix.
This role suits a broad marketeer with a range of experience and skill sets able to move fluidly from paid and organic campaigns and content, supporting the Head of Marketing and acting as the glue between internal and external teams in order to execute campaigns to a high standard.
Brand Planning & Execution
- Own the Marketing Calendar, working with the NPD team to plan all product launches and ensuring all key cultural and trading moments are captured, from World Oceans Day to our Christmas gift shop launch
- Alongside the Head of Marketing, support management and reporting of budget (forecast vs actuals) across channels, drafting and pitching budget proposals for key activations
- Oversee execution of Ocean Bottle messaging across all channels, ensuring consistency in TOV, assets, narrative, etc
- Ensure consistency in creative output across the business, signing off on key assets on behalf of the Head of Marketing, such as paid social ads/copy
- Support the Head of Marketing with all brand/marketing projects, scoping work and drafting timelines
- Support the Head of Marketing with monthly/quarterly reporting across key metrics related to brand performance
Campaigns & Content
- Lead on the ideation, management and implementation of brand-led organic and paid campaigns across multiple channels; PR, email, paid ads, influencers etc, working closely with the Head of Marketing to define the message and channel approach
- Create clear briefs and timelines for campaigns, aligning with all stakeholders to ensure a full understanding of messaging
- Support Community and Social Media Manager with the production of original content series, such as Dip Dives
- Support the media and channel planning of all campaigns, defining an appropriate media mix
- Lead campaign retrospectives and analysis
- Day-to-day management of agencies including PR, SEO and digital marketing, ensuring agencies are aligned to agreed SOW
- Support the Head of Marketing with scoping agency/freelance support where needed, including internationally
- Sourcing and briefing creative agencies for ad-hoc projects
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 4 - 5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proficient in collecting and analysing key data
- Experience managing multiple agencies (such as marketing, PR, and media)
- Great copywriting skills, able to translate your thoughts into compelling campaigns
- Experience managing budgets
- Skilled in running customer research projects via external platforms
- Understanding of media landscape and media buying (ideally across video, bVoD, OOH, and sponsorship)
- Experience with a range of reporting software(s) and platforms, although training can be provided
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay £40,000 - £50,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with team-wide get-togethers and workshops on Wednesdays.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do team trips twice a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
🌍 Carbon offsetting: Did you know a Londoner’s average annual carbon footprint is 12.5 tonnes CO2, so to help combat this we include our employee’s footprint in our annual offsetting scheme.
To apply, please click here.