Head of Platform
HEAD OF PLATFORM
Ocean Bottle exists to enable anyone that gives a damn about this planet the opportunity to help turn the tap off ocean plastic. We have some great backing behind us, big ambitions and want you to help us achieve them. This is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
We have two fundamental beliefs as a company, that the impact we create and the products we develop should be uncompromising. Our impact is 25x any equivalent product on the market and our first multi award winning product has been recently dubbed by the Times “If Apple were to design a drinks container for life, this would be it”. The goal is now to continue down this path and take it to the next level.
Since inception each of our products has been NFC enabled. We are building the world’s first impact platform and app for ocean health, where owners of our products can join a community passionate about saving the ocean and constantly be rewarded for using their Ocean Bottle in place of single-use plastic at partner refill locations. #BYOB Bring Your Ocean Bottle. This has the potential to create an exponential impact and divert millions of kgs of plastic waste from entering the ocean, whilst improving people's lives.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped nearly 100k units out into the world, collected 1,026,940kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time. By 2025 our goal is to fund collection equivalent to 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a one of a kind opportunity for a one of a kind person. We are looking for a HEAD OF PLATFORM to join Team OB. We have explored core propositions and are now looking for someone to pursue the most viable route to market, to develop and launch the platform. This is about building the product right and then scaling its adoption globally. The development of the platform will be heavily based on insight around user experience and market analysis to create a truly seamless experience that encourages sustainable behaviour and rewards our users with impact at partner location. The platform is extremely versatile and will cover partnerships with coffee chains, gyms, coworking spaces, grocers, refill locations to other locations and actions. We have a range of launch partners lined up and now need to build the platform with our tech partner to connect the dots.
You are exceptional at understanding customers and developing a unique user experience to delight users and drive engagement and use of a platform. Whilst you are brilliant at high level strategy and are a blue sky thinker, you also enjoy working in the detail and are able to project manage and execute the details from start to finish. You will have strong experience managing a dev team and/or an agency to create market leading products. You have experience managing and building teams and a strong commercial acumen and understanding of loyalty platforms and the way in which they work. Underlying all of this, is a genuine care and empathy for the ocean, the social mobility we are creating and the tribe of people that love our brand and product.
- You have Product Manager experience and deep understanding of UX design and driving user engagement
- You have been responsible for managing the development of a world class native app and could point to this as your main reference
- You have strong commercial experience working with large scale partnerships and B2B negotiations on behalf of a platform and understand what motivates potential partners to join such a platform
- You have experience with retail & consumer space and preferably open banking and/or hardware/IOT
- Minimum 6 years of experience, worked as Senior Product Manager or at Head of Product level
- Create and own the experience of users on the platform with the core goal of driving engagement and impact and to scale it globally
- Manage external agencies to deliver outputs and build a team to support your requirements
- Work directly with global impact partners and manage their impact programmes
- Maximise output of the platform to drive impact and reach the company goal of funding collection equivalent to 7 billion plastic bottles by 2025
GREAT WORK DESERVES GREAT PERKS
Be part of a young startup with traction, with a competitive salary & company equity. We are also committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth. We’ll provide you with the tools, advisors and connections you need to do your best work.
- 26 days paid holiday (25 days, plus an extra day off on your birthday because who wants to work on their birthday). We also close the office for two weeks over Christmas because who wants to work over Christmas.
- Flexible working. Right now we’re working at Soho Works at 180 The Strand and you can choose which days you want to come to the office.
- Regular team social events, and we want to do team trips twice a year (COVID dependent...), in February the whole team went to Bali for 3 weeks. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements.
- Learning perks.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint.
We are looking for a truly exceptional candidate to come and join us so if you think you fit the criteria please get in touch!
HOW TO APPLY
Send email with why you think you're the right fit and your CV to email@example.com or message Nick on Linkedin