Junior Account Manager
Our mission is to give anyone that gives a damn about this planet the power to end the flow of plastics into the ocean! We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a small but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped over 300k units to over 88 countries and partnered with brands including Google, JP Morgan, Soho House, Manchester United, Red Bull Racing, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 3,142,572 kgs of plastic and improved our livelihoods at the same time. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean.
Will you help us get there?
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a new Account Manager to join Team OB and help support our reseller accounts.
The accounts you will be managing are within the Corporate Merchandising Industry. These accounts offer their clients unique co-branding opportunities and help them fulfil their Environmental and CSR Obligations.
The role will have three main parts:
- Work with existing accounts to grow their business using Ocean Bottle and close corporate co-branding opportunities
- Support Account Managers and accounts by providing industry leading sales support, lead generation and best practice sharing
- Develop new business in within Merchandising Accounts
Your core responsibilities will be supporting Account Managers working within Merchandising and Sustainability. Within our key existing accounts, you will be managing your own pipeline, developing and closing sales. The company and its impact is growing quickly so the job will be varied and no day will be the same.
The B2B market for Ocean Bottle is varied and wide, and we work with multinational conglomerates, start ups, sports teams, government bodies, and many more. Ocean Bottle is used as a promotional item, a stakeholder gift or as a CSR/ESG programme for companies to engage their employees or audience and help have an impact on the ocean plastic crisis. We need the right Account Manager to convey the opportunities to our partners within the Corporate Merchandising Industry and drive plastic collection through them.
You’re a creative seller and know how to adapt your offering to every single client, even when put on the spot. You want to help make our partners’ lives easier and to reach shared goals. You’ll love a challenge, stay calm in all situations and thrive under pressure; and have strong sales abilities of course!
You’ll be able to get companies to double, or even triple, their budget for promotional gifts/CSR through smooth pitching and creating excitement around Ocean Bottle. You can maintain your own records, report back to your team and understand the importance of high productivity.
You take initiative and remain one step ahead in terms of delivering your key roles and driving the company forward. Underlying all of this, is a genuine care for the ocean, environmental action, the social mobility we are enhancing and the tribe of people that love our brand and product.
- Support the growth of key Ocean Bottle Accounts
- Offer best in class sales support to our accounts sales representatives
- Write and pitch creative proposals on behalf of clients to help our accounts grow
- Own your Sales Pipeline
- Convert corporations into Ocean Health Advocates
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 1 year of sales experience
- Strong numerical and written abilities
- Experience and confidence in managing your own sales pipeline and process
- Focus on metrics and data driven sales, managing a pipeline and CRM systems
- A passion for wanting to do something good in the world
- A hawk eye for sales, with an ability to zoom out and think big; we’re a fast growing company after all!
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience in Corporate Merchandising
- Additional Languages
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of up to £26,000-32,000 OTE for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
- Meaningful Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are.
- Set your own targets; this role offers generous quarterly bonuses
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas every fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday - Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: Want a mentor - we’ll find you one. Additional Training Offered.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it