Head of Industrial Design & Innovation
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 6,281,354 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice.
Great product design and sustainability has been embedded at the core of our company since inception but as our first Head of Product Innovation, you will build the product development department and have the opportunity to take what we are doing to the next level.
You will be responsible for creating and driving our future strategy, managing and shaping a growing team and external resources, and ensuring that our products, which end up in the hands of millions and are used every day to drive forward sustainable behaviour, are world leading.
You are an expert on NPD, cutting edge trends around product design & sustainability and also have a strong business acumen, excellent project management & leadership skills and are able to see the big picture.
- Product quality, price & reliability
- Sustainability Credentials
- Category leading innovation
Innovation, Sustainability & Circularity
- Research, develop and test cutting edge sustainable materials to meet objectives across
- levelling up existing product range
- launching cutting edge bespoke products
- Launch new closed-loop Repair & Recycle initiatives working hand in hand with impact team
- Work with factory to deliver environmental and social responsibilities
Production Management & QC
- Manage end to end sourcing process for existing products and NPD to reach objectives
- Elevate product above the category through production specs & quality control of products
- Manage factory and third parties to deliver product quality
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A proven track record of creating world-class products within a similar organisation either in-house or as a consultant
- Experience in design for circularity and material innovation
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a broad range of projects, stakeholders, and build and manage a team
WHAT YOU’LL GET
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with team-wide get-togethers and workshops on Wednesdays
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do team trips twice a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us
🌍 Carbon offsetting: Did you know a Londoner’s average annual carbon footprint is 12.5 tonnes CO2, so to help combat this we include our employee’s footprint in our annual offsetting scheme
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org