Head of Finance
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our
belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 5,997,007 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our first Head of Finance to strengthen our finance function. This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic and diligent professional to join a
Working closely with our Finance Manager and external accountants, you will be responsible for the development and management of all financial models and financial reporting. You will need the ability to manage your own priorities and take initiative, whilst maintaining transparency and following escalation processes. You will also have excellent analytical and communication skills as you will be working closely with the Ocean Bottle management team to support them in understanding the financial impact of their actions.
Strengthen the department
● Responsible for both the day-to-day and strategic finance function, with full P&L accountability
● Work with our external bookkeeping resource to develop and be responsible
for timely monthly group-wide financial reporting
● Develop the financial planning function through the implementation of monthly metrics to provide visibility to the business, whilst minimising the potential risk including FX
● Design and implement processes to create automation
● Ensure legal compliance
● Explore and manage debt-financing opportunities
● Oversight of budgeting activities and collaborating with the management team on revenue forecasting, defining their budget requirements, and identifying opportunities and issues in spending
● Perform financial analysis of business results and recommend improvement opportunities
● Prepare financial models for new markets and new business opportunities
Investment & Board
● Help to assess and evaluate strategic growth opportunities for the business
● Maintain high-level of financial reporting for Board meetings
● Support on future investment rounds, ad hoc reports
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
● Fully qualified in any of the following relevant certifications - CFA, CPA, ACA, ACCA, or CIMA with at least 5+ years of post-qualified experience
● Experience in financial analysis, identifying improvement opportunities, and driving efficiencies in processes
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail
● Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the business
● Self-motivated professional with the ability to take ownership and responsibility to drive initiatives
Bonus Points (nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!)
● Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £75,000 - £85,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being a fantastic employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
● Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
● 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
● Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
● Enhanced family leave policy based on tenure
● Social: Regular team social events, and pizzas a fortnight are a must! Awesome office located in the heart of Soho, with team-wide get togethers/workshops on Wednesdays. As we grow we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
● Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
● Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
● We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it.