Community and Social Media Manager
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 5,361,899 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean.
Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for an incredible person to come and manage our Social & Influencer Strategy and execution to help us grow our social media presence, storytelling and build a deeply engaged community that brings people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. You will have a proven track record of building a successful community, driving organic and paid social and influencer campaigns where the brand is at the forefront.. Importantly you are passionate about impact and our mission. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to take their career in social and influencer marketing to the next level.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and foster a community like no other by being the conduit between them and our mission
- Oversee the management of intern support on community building such as dms, story chains and polls to gauge the sentiment of the community and other day to day activities.
- Manage and coordinate influencer outreach to get great content to drive engagement on our own channels.
- Helping feed into product development, messaging, marketing ideas and insights to drive people to the app.
- Drive the engagement strategy on social focusing on growing the community
- Grow the social community naturally. Create and own the hashtag strategy, engage with our community in a natural and organic way.
- Manage and optimise the influencer program- owning the paid & organic strategy, doing outreach and managing relationships
- Co-create the reporting with Growth showing how community is growing, performing and any learnings
- Oversee the management and implementation of brand-led organic campaigns e.g World Oceans Day
BRAND & CONTENT SUPPORT ON STRATEGY
- Coordinate and ensure the social and influence marketing initiatives are in line with the the Ocean Bottle content strategy and marketing calendar of events
- Working with the Head of Brand and Partnerships Manager you will co-define the overall brand marketing strategy to deliver on social and influencer paid and organic channels.
- Own the messaging, creative concepts and campaigns for content and activity as well as steering the briefs and managing the production of creative
CAMPAIGNS AND CONTENT
- Create content and oversee the creation of content in Canva and execute it across our social channels, b2b channels and the Ocean Bottle app. Currently our designers create all posts and our Social Media Manager handles most stories.
- Schedule content across our channels according to the marketing calendar of events as well as developing pure social campaigns with the community, other brands and influencers.
- Research and concept creation in relation to the Ocean Bottle content strategy
- Contribute to IRL events and partnerships to support the brand collabs team on guest lists and social amplification
- Write the copy for emails, social, blogs and all influencer narratives
- Support the production of creative internally and with influencers for paid and organic content
YOU WILL BE
We’re looking for someone who is extremely well organised and full to the brim with new and exciting ideas to join our team.
Skills and experience:
- 2-4 years experience working in a Social & Influencer marketing role across paid and organic
- You will have a real enthusiasm for social media, video content creation and design, with an interest in next generation brands
- You get excited about content and are full of creative, innovative ideas to bring to the table for Instagram and TikTok and how to grow the community organically and using paid tried and tested strategies
- High level of literacy and strong grasp of English language, written and spoken for copywriting
- Good communication skills and strong verbal skills
- Able to manage a variety of projects and tasks
- Wanting to work for an impact company that is making a difference and creating a better future.
Knowledge of tools
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop (or a similar tool)
- Canva pro
- Excel/ Google sheets know how
- Email software experience
- Social media planning tools and analytics
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay £28,000 and £33,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive team and way of working
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We will be working in Soho Square and are very flexible as to the days you come in or work from home.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint - Mangroves are the future!