our design, as well as offering a 10 year warranty on all of our products,
meaning we’ll replace defective or broken parts for free, always. Register your
bottle by scanning the base with your phone to activate your warranty.
If your faithful BOB Ocean Bottle does reach the end of its life, here’s how you
can make sure it gets a chance at a new life.
- Unscrew the funnel from the main base
- Unscrew the cap, look inside the cap and you’ll see a silicone cap gasket - carefully pull this away from the cap
- Look inside the funnel and you’ll see a larger silicone funnel gasket - this needs to be removed too
- Remove the silicone carry loop from the funnel
- Once you’ve removed all the silicone, screw the cap back onto the funnel - these are made of the same plastic and can be recycled together (top tip: smaller objects are more likely to get lost, screwing them back together will help avoid this and ensure more material gets fully recycled!)
- To remove the baseplate from the base, locate the notch and use a flat screwdriver or similar object to carefully pop the baseplate away from the base
- You will notice another baseplate gasket, you will also need to separate this from the base
- The baseplate, cap and funnel can all be recycled together in your recycling bin or at a local recycling centre. Separately, so can the stainless steel base (Tip: Make sure you know what recycling your local authority offers before putting it in your recycling bin - and even better, visit your local recycling centre so you can be sure the right materials go into the right bins. You can find information on what your local kerbside collection includes, as well as details of your nearest recycling centre on your local council’s website)
- If your carry loop is in good condition, keep it to customise your next Big Ocean Bottle! Already have a carry loop you love and use for your BOB? Instead, you could repurpose this as a one of a kind key ring.
- The three silicone gaskets will unfortunately have to go in your general waste, unless you can think of a better use for them (we’re all ears).
We continue to work towards utilising even more recycled content in our products.
The average recycled content of our products across the entire range is 65%. The
BOB contains 71.1% recycled content.
We also continue to research alternative materials for our unrecyclable components
(silicone) that match our current performance, although silicone currently makes up
just 5.5% of the materials used on average across our product range.
Thank you for joining us to turn the tide on plastic pollution
*This advice applies to current UK recycling schemes.