Chief Marketing Officer
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 8,183,994 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a one-of-a-kind person. We are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer to join our team. We have built the foundations for a world class impact company and are now looking for someone to take the company to the next level and bring the brand out to the world. With 99% of people still not having heard of us, this is the opportunity to create a storm and get our name out there to enable us to reach our 2025 impact goal of 7 billion plastic bottles collected and beyond.
You will have an exceptional ability to execute a vision and a desire to grow a small company into a global brand. Whilst you have strong project management, financial and budgeting capabilities, and a passion for data, you are also highly creative and believe in storytelling and the emotional journey of any customer. With a Head of Growth, Head of Brand and Head of Marketing at your side, your abilities sit right in between these aspects of marketing and your strength is in directing the entire marketing mix. You are not only brilliant at high level strategy and are a visionary, but you also enjoy the detail and are able to project manage and ensure the details are executed from start to finish. You are exceptional at delegating, and you have strong experience building, managing and nurturing both internal and external teams. What you love most is to see people reach their full potential and to help them get there, above and beyond your own workload and personal goals. Underlying all of this, is a real desire to make a positive impact for future generations and enable the tribe of people that love our brand and products to be part of it.
- Driving the entire company from a marketing first perspective - with the founders and senior management team
- Setting budgets to reach objectives, build and manage a team to reach those goals - doing A LOT with a little!
- Working directly with global brands, celebrity ambassadors, global thought leaders, publications and more
- Driving the user experience to ensure that we delight customers, build community and can create a lasting brand and a platform for impact
- Maximising potential of the company to reach millions of users and the goal of funding collection equivalent to 7 billion plastic bottles by 2025
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have CMO or similar level experience and deep understanding of what it takes to grow the market share of a brand
- You have been responsible for managing the development of a world class challenger and/or lifestyle brand
- You have a full understanding of retail products and the associated functions required and the interconnectedness between marketing, sales & product development, production, operations, and customer service (and in our case impact)
- You can navigate the complexities of hardware, software, consumer, and business facing propositions and launch new products into new verticals
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Be part of a young start-up with traction, with a competitive salary & company equity. We are also committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth. We’ll provide you with the tools, advisors and connections you need to do your best work.
Fun stuff …
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with team-wide get-togethers and workshops on Wednesdays.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do team trips twice a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
🌍 Carbon offsetting: Did you know a Londoner’s average annual carbon footprint is 12.5 tonnes CO2, so to help combat this we include our employee’s footprint in our annual offsetting scheme.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.