Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 8,183,994 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
Acting as an extension of our internal team, the Freelance Copywriter will support the marketing department in creating compelling copy across a range of channels to meet business needs.
A natural storyteller, the ideal candidate will have solid experience crafting creative copy for consumer-facing brands, working with the Head of Marketing to develop Ocean Bottle’s tone-of voice to ensure brand stand-out.
Prior experience working within the sustainability or environmental sector is preferred but not essential.
- Working with the Head of Marketing to create a brand copy bible - the one-stop destination for the business to generic copy needs
- Supporting tone-of-voice reviews as required, pitching in to ideation and creating tone-of-voice guidelines
- Pitching copy ideas and taglines for brand campaigns and product launches, working closely with internal team to develop initial ideas into narratives
- Developing and creating brand blurbs and bios for site, sales, press and more
- Writing creative briefs for email newsletters in-line with content pillars to engage our email community and drive revenue
- Refreshing copy across email flows, such as Welcome series, to drive customer engagement and retention
- Proofing own and other copy, such as email tests, blog features
- Supporting the development of Founder bios, including feature writing for press releases, interviews and podcasts
- Supporting the wider marketing / sales team with copy needs as briefed, such as writing copy for pitch decks
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Commitment to 2 full days a week, on a fixed 3 month contract
- UK-based with the ability to work in-line with Company hours (9am-6pm)
- At least 3 years copywriting experience, ideally working with/for like-minded brands
- Minimum 1 years experience working in a freelance capacity
- World-class copywriting and editing skills for a range of channels, including advertising
- The ability to translate ideas into compelling narratives that engage audiences globally
- Previous experience in journalism
- Working within the sustainability or environmental sector with a solid understanding of appropriate language / terminology
WHAT YOU’LL GET
This role will initially be for a fixed three-month contract, working two days per week, with the possibility of extension. We’re looking to pay between £250 - £350 per day for this role dependant on experience.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org