B2B Marketing Manager
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 5,997,007 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for a B2B Marketing Manager reporting into our Head of Sales and Head of Brand while working closely with our Platform and Growth leads. This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic, organised and creative marketing professional to join a fast-growing startup. You have worked in a B2B marketing role with experience in marketing to channel or affiliate partners as well as direct clients.
You will be our first hire in this role; responsible for increasing the B2B opportunities and also increasing customer retention and repeat purchases.
- Curating, managing and executing outbound marketing activity of all channel partners and Ocean Bottle content (specific to merchandising)
- Drive the strategy for quality B2B inbound leads, using SEO, paid ads, content, PR & events, including trade shows, working alongside the Head of Sales & Head of Brand
- Working with major end clients for after sales support / impact storytelling, e.g. Linkedin Interviews, Internal Email Comms, External Comms
- Leading and supporting marketing content and campaigns for our B2B network platforms, e.g. BCorp, Social Enterprise UK, Davos, UN Ocean and various industry bodies and our Impact Partners
- Creating strategies to engage the end users of the product via all of our clients; enabling and empowering them to market Ocean Bottle, spreading the message far and wide in an authentic way
- Creating and maintaining co-brand marketing support material for the sales team with creative outreach and aftercare, briefing design, writing content and pulling in freelance support where needed.
- Planning B2B campaigns, work flows, briefing and creating content to test and drive your ideas
- Devising and supporting strategies to grow our app community within the B2B market
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have at least 3 years experience in a B2B marketing position
- You have experience in relationship management and after-sales care
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and love making and sharing your decks
- You are a natural relationship builder, able to quickly build rapport with our customers and the Ocean Bottle team
- You pride yourself on your organisational skills and have a keen eye for detail
- You are results driven and motivated by working within a sales team
Bonus Points (nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- Proven sales return from marketing strategy and activations you have led
Confident with both Excel and Powerpoint reporting to run regular analysis
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £35k - £40k for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive team and way of working
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint- Mangroves are the future!
To apply, please send the below details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it