Own an Ocean Bottle? Show it some love and be sure to rinse it out and keep it clean!
Have you ever looked through the neck of your bottle and thought *hmm* how bad can it be, whilst taking a sip after it’s been on the side for a fair few days or filling it back up with water without washing it? Us too… but do as we say and not as we do.
How often should you clean your water bottle?
We’d recommend you clean your water bottle after each use to ensure it always smells its best and to avoid bacteria build up in the bottle.
Daily metal water bottle cleaning
For a quick clean:
- Step 1: Open your Ocean Bottle (our Ocean Bottles have a dual opening so no narrow necks to worry about here)!
- Step 2: Tip out any unused contents and make sure it’s empty.
- Step 3: Fill the bottle with warm water and a splash of dishwashing liquid. Because the bottle opens into sections you won’t need any special equipment so just scrub the walls and bottom of the bottle. Be sure to clean both the inside and the outside!
- Step 4: Remember to follow step three with the spout and the lid.
- Step 5: Nice and dry. Air it out upside down or dry with a clean cloth.
- Step 6: Put it back together. Top Tip: Store it with the lid off (this will help keep your Ocean Bottle smelling its best).
How to deep clean a metal water bottle
Our Ocean Bottle comes with us at all times; it’s the first thing we see when we wake up (don’t speak to me before I’ve had my cup of coffee) and it’s the last thing we see when we go to sleep (who doesn’t love an ice cold water available on their bedside all night long?!). That being said - sometimes we need to part with it for two ticks to make sure to keep it clean and at its best. For regular users of the Ocean Bottle (like us) we’d recommend giving it a deep clean once a week.
Good news, our Ocean Bottles are dishwasher safe up to 60℃ so a deep clean can be achieved in just the press of a button!
How to clean a metal water bottle using your dishwasher
- Step 1: Just open the bottle into each element.
- Step 2: Pop the base of the bottle in with the plates, the spout in with your glasses and the lid in with the cutlery (this will keep the all important gaskets in place whilst they’re being washed).
- Step 3: Take out and top back up. Top tip: Sometimes dishwashers leave watermarks, don’t panic, simply dip your Ocean Bottle in hot water for 3-5 seconds.
How to clean a water bottle with bicarbonate of soda:
- Step 1: For our OG add 2 tsp and for BOB add 4 tsp of bi-carb soda to the bottle and fill with warm water.
- Step 2: Screw the lid on, shake, then leave overnight.
- Step 3: Tip it out and rinse out with water.
- Step 4: Air dry with lid off or dry with a clean cloth.
How to clean a water bottle with vinegar:
- Step 1: Open the bottle and fill the lid with vinegar.
- Step 2: Pour into the bottle and fill the rest with water.
- Step 3: Screw the lid on, shake and leave overnight.
- Step 4: Tip it out and rinse out with water.
- Step 5: Air dry with lid off or dry with a clean cloth.
We hope you find these tips useful for keeping your reusable bottles in tip top condition! Shop our range of stainless steel reusable bottles.