Direct Sales Lead
Founded in 2019, Ocean Bottle is a brand dedicated to positively impacting the world, built on the power of collective action and imperfect sustainability efforts. We have shipped hundreds of thousands of units across the world and formed partnerships with renowned brands from all walks of life. We have also collected 10,780,924 kgs of plastic whilst simultaneously improving the livelihoods of the communities we work with. With a focus on diversity and our impact pillars of Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop, and Climate Action, our aim is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean by 2025.
Born from Ocean Bottle, we have recently launched our new proposition, Ocean Co., which is the world's first ocean health platform, committed to restoring, protecting, and securing the well-being of the ocean. Our goal is to connect individuals and brands worldwide with the ocean's prosperous future, through plug-and-play solutions. Using our technology platform, our community members are provided with immersive education, measurable impact, real-time traceability information, and inspiring field stories. By combining education and action, Ocean Co. strives to ensure a healthy and sustainable ocean for the benefit of all.
Together, Ocean Bottle and Ocean Co., are united in a joint mission to combat ocean plastic and promote environmental and social justice.
ABOUT THE ROLEWe’re looking for a Direct Sales Lead to join our Sales team. This role will oversee our Direct Sales Channel team, ensuring an increase in the direct sales output, consistently meeting targets and driving efficiencies in team processes. Success looks like:
- Hitting sales targets, KPI’s and territory Go-To-Market plans.
- Enabling a culture of engagement, collaboration, and motivation within the team
Your core areas of focus across the organisation will be:
- Ownership of a seven figure P&L across our direct B2B Sales
- Analyse market trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to identify opportunities and stay ahead in the market.
- Managing and coaching the Direct Sales team, to ensure team alignment, engagement and sales targets are achieved
- Working with key stakeholders across the business to develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy, ensuring it’s aligned with overall company objectives and drives impact/revenue targets
- Overseeing the end-to-end sales process, from targeted lead generation and outbound cadences, to contract negotiation, and deal closure
- Nurturing and maintaining strong relationships with key existing clients to ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Tracking sales metrics and KPIs to assess team performance, identify areas for improvement, and aid in the preparation of monthly reporting providing insights and recommendations.
- Collaborating with other departments, such as marketing, product development, and customer support, to align efforts and maximise business opportunities.
- Being a CRM champion in the organisation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who will have experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years of Sales Management experience, including team management
- 7+ years of Direct B2B Sales experience
- In-depth understanding of corporate sales processes & cycles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail with great numerical and data analysis skills
- Ability to work efficiently and manage own workload
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Outstanding time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Proficient in working with key business processes and procedures
- Someone who embodies our values of Do Good, Take Ownership, Drive Innovation and Open Communication
Bonus Points - these are nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!
- Experience in physical product sales
- International Sales Experience
- Experience in Corporate Environmental Action
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £50,000 - £60,000 OTE for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🚴 Cycle to Work: Get access to 26-40% off your next bike purchase to help you reduce your carbon footprint
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome pet-friendly office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with quarterly team-wide get-togethers/workshops.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do a team trip once a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of an opportunity to spend time together as a team
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us
To apply, please submit your application here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Ocean Bottle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally recognised protected basis prohibited by applicable law. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.