Team Support Manager
ARE YOU OUR TEAM SUPPORT MANAGER???
Ocean Bottle exists to enable anyone that gives a damn about this planet the opportunity to help turn the tap off ocean plastic. We have some great backing behind us, big ambitions and want you to help us achieve them. This is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped nearly 100k units out into the world, collected 1,026,940kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time. By 2025 our goal is to fund collection equivalent to 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a TEAM SUPPORT MANAGER to join Team OB and piece together all the moving parts of the company to enable the team to reach its full potential. The core responsibility will be managing company administration, accounts and supporting the team with ad hoc tasks and responsibilities and working directly with the founders. The company and its impact is growing quickly so the job will be varied and no day will be the same. There’s a real opportunity to shape the culture of the company - from organising team trips to Bali, to making sure the office and our people are as sustainably minded as they can be and keep us on track as a leading 21st century impact brand.
You are a team player and love to support people in order to make their lives easier and reach shared goals. You like to create organisation and structure, where there would otherwise be chaos and you are a strong project manager who can see things through from start to finish. You love a challenge, you stay calm and thrive under pressure and have strong prioritisation abilities. We expect that you would have experience with organisation, accounts, legal, HR and/or administration. You take initiative and remain one step ahead in terms of delivering your key roles and driving the company forward. Underlying all of this, is a genuine care and empathy for the ocean, the social mobility we are enhancing and the tribe of people that love our brand and product.
- Experience with similar roles and strong numerical and written abilities
- 5 years of work experience
- A proven track record of keeping company culture at its best and a growing appetite for learning about how to offer and be the best
- A passion for wanting to do something good in the world
- A hawk eye attention for detail, with an ability to zoom out and think big- we’re a fast growing company after all
- Ideal additional experience: accounting, legal, HR and start up experience
- Be the glue of the company that organises everything and enables the team to reach their full potential!
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all accounts receivable and payable (ie all invoicing at the company), liaising directly with Sales Team, Operations and Financial Director
- Responsible for annual companies house filings and liaising with company lawyers
- Support Operations and work with the Operations Manager on shipments and VIP ambassadors
- Manage the team calendar, take minutes at key meetings, organise team events and travel
- Apply for awards and certifications on behalf of the company
- Act as HR function at the company to liaise with recruiters, organise interviews and support new employees with their requirements
- Responsible for organising office locations and the day to day management of any such locations
- Support founders with email correspondence, Linkedin messaging and interviews
- Support company event management (digital and IRL)
GREAT WORK DESERVES GREAT PERKS
Be part of a young startup with traction, with a competitive salary & company equity. We are also committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth. We’ll provide you with the tools & mentors you need to do your best work.
- 26 days paid holiday (25 days, plus an extra day off on your birthday because who wants to work on their birthday). We also close the office for two weeks over Christmas because who wants to work over Christmas.
- Flexible working. Right now we’re working at Soho Works at 180 The Strand and you can choose which days you want to come to the office.
- Regular team social events, and we want to do team trips twice a year (COVID dependent.. ), in February the whole team went to Bali for 3 weeks. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements.
- Learning perks.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint.
HOW TO APPLY
Send email with why you think you're the right fit and your CV to email@example.com