Supply Chain Lead
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped over 100k units to over 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 2,142,572 kgs of plastic and improved our livelihoods at the same time. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our first Supply Chain Lead to work directly with the Operations Manager & COO. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally savvy professional to join a fast growing startup with the potential to progress quickly.
You will help us track and manage all operational activities across the end-to-end supply chain and offer support in global supply chain projects. You will be liaising with third-party manufacturers, warehouses and the end customers; building lasting relationships across the supply chain. As a Supply Chain Lead you will work closely alongside our commercial & finance team, supporting cross functional workstreams.
- Manage the day to day operations to meet productivity, accuracy, lead time, environmental and financial goals
- Consistent and accurate daily tracking activities across the end to end supply chain, including quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and potential concerns
- Monitor and report performance against KPI’s with adequate improvement recommendations
- Review, reconcile and authorize freight and carrier invoices
You thrive with autonomy, love solving problems and learning new things. You are open minded and don’t mind being thrown random tasks and no challenge is too big OR too small. You create order where there might otherwise be chaos.
As we’re working with so many companies, partners and shipping bottles to many locations, you’ll need a real attention to detail and a logistics oriented mindset. You digest information you are presented with and keep information stored at your finger-tips to educate customers and fellow teammates and formulate ideas to contribute to the smooth running and growth of the company.
So, if you’ve done something like this before and this description resonates with you, then hit apply!
WHAT WE NEED
- You have 3+ years of operations/supply chain/logistics/procurement experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with product logistics (3PL and carrier contracts, production, QC, customisation, shipments, customs, warehousing, wholesale, retail & direct despatch)
- A strong numerical acumen enabling you to gather and interpret & communicate data effectively
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
Bonus Points (non essential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- You are comfortable with COGS, margin, KPI production and SLA management. Cost reduction is a big part of the success of an ops team. You will need to analyse costs from different aspects of the supply chain in order to highlight and find ways to reduce.
- You might have experience working with brand partners, distributors and retail within start up or scale up business
- You might be able to automate processes and also provide a delightful customer experience at all touch-points
- You may have experience in procurement, specifically in cost negotiations and identifying potential new suppliers.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £28,000 - £33,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com with the subject 'Job Application - Supply Chain Lead':
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it