Interim Head of Marketing Maternity Cover
WHY WE GET UP IN THE MORNING
Ocean Bottle exists to enable anyone that gives a damn about this planet the opportunity to help turn the tap off ocean plastic. We have some great backing behind us, big ambitions and want you to help us achieve them. This is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped nearly 100k units out into the world, collected 1,026,940kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time. By 2025 our goal is to fund collection equivalent to 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
ARE YOU OUR INTERIM HEAD OF MARKETING? TO START IN JANUARY
- Our brand culture is central to our success. We’re driven to build on our phenomenal growth from the past two years and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating, storytelling and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes the Ocean Bottle so great.
- Reporting to the two co-founders the Interim Head of Marketing will be responsible for the brand positioning, messaging and strategies for new and existing channels in the UK and key testing markets, with the overall aim of driving our business growth.
- With a weighting on brand activity, you will collaborate closely with the Head of Growth, other stakeholders across the company and external agencies to meet your goals - putting creativity and agility at the forefront of everything you do.
- You will be the champion of brand positioning, brand building, awareness, partnerships activation and community growth around our brand and product across all customer communications. You’ll lead the development and delivery of our marketing collateral delivering the best in class when it comes to our communications, innovation and design.
- Overseeing the small but ambitious marketing team you’ll seek out brand collaborations that will get us into culture and get talked about in Highsnobiety and beyond, whilst also engaging their audience to come and join our mission by driving traffic, sign ups and sales. Think further than bespoke bottle sales and instead, creating IRL and URL experiences with the creative team that get talked about. We want to fill out the cultural calendar with cool collabs and activations that drive huge engagement like popups, stunts, events and digital drops.
- Lead the creative & PR team to ensure that our brand voice and tone is being delivered across our own channels and partners’ channels to continue to drive great engagement and cut through.
- Work with the sales team and Brand & Partnerships Manager to make the most of existing collaborations, bring immediate scale opportunities and utilise experience and expertise to sell in content and marketing opportunities. Work with internal and external stakeholders to create brilliant marketing campaigns across traditional channels and the less common.
- Help inform the product development strategy and launch by working closely with the Head of Growth, our customers and partners to launch product around cultural moments and key buying occasions.
- A background in all aspects of marketing both strategic and operational
- A strategic mindset – to deliver our strategy, including brand positioning, partnership strategy and impact strategy that delivers against overall business strategy
- Experience of innovation and evidence of growing business through developing and launching a brand positioning strategy
- Led brand communications that deliver commercial growth and brand equity for a d2c brand
- Knowledge of of b2b marketing and support
- The ability to deal with some ambiguity and changes, relishing the freedom to shape the future
- An adaptable leadership style – you know when to be direct, when to influence, when to partner, when to coach, so you can build a winning team
- Financial know how - to create sustainable value and maximise ROI
- 7+ years marketing experience
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for wanting to build a brand in new era of responsibility
GREAT WORK DESERVES GREAT PERKS
Be part of a young startup with traction, with a competitive salary & flexible working options. This is a 6 month contract with a view to something more long term if the company grows and there’s clear value for you, the Head of Growth and current CMO.
We are also committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth. We’ll provide you with the tools & mentors you need to do your best work.
- Open to 3-5 day week
- 26 days paid holiday (25 days, plus an extra day off on your birthday because who wants to work on their birthday). We also close the office for two weeks over Christmas because who wants to work over Christmas.
- Flexible working. Right now we’re working at Soho Works at 180 The Strand and you can choose which days you want to come to the office.
- Regular team social events, and we want to do team trips twice a year (COVID dependent.. ), in February the whole team went to Bali for 3 weeks. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements.
- Learning perks.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint.
HOW TO APPLY
Send email with why you think you're the right fit and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org