Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 4,543,176 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean.
Will you help us get there?
- Daily running of diary and prioritisation, e.g. booking in meetings, rearranging day so no clashes
- Manage the founders’ inboxes, answering emails on their behalf, setting up meetings and redirecting enquiries to the team - sorting and flagging any urgent and non-urgent emails that need to be dealt with by them personally
- Gain a deep understanding of company strategy & operations, work style preferences and tone of voice for written communications
- Support with personal errands, e.g. booking restaurants, research, purchasing, events, activities and admin etc
- Collecting credit card receipts and entering card expenses
- Organise travel schedules including booking flights, hotels, transfers and making sure all is clear in diaries and all information is at hand
- Weekly catchup to run through the week ahead and check they have everything they need
- Help with some office management tasks: book team travel, organise after-work activities for the team, organise gifts, merch etc
- Support special company projects across the wider team, ensuring that everyone is aware of deadlines and that projects are progressing accordingly
- Excellent skills in organisation, coordination and attention to detail
- Solid time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage fluctuating workloads and multi-task whilst staying calm and focused
- Confidence and skill in communicating with senior stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Can-do attitude and motivated to work hard
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it