Chief of Staff
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 3,025,752 kgs of plastic and improved our livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for a highly organized and analytical Chief of Staff who will report directly to our COO to drive our growth over the next 3 years.
- Planning and supporting regular leadership team cadences (agenda planning, recording actions and systematic follow-up) and identifying opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness.
- Supporting with company strategy and objectives setting, as well as the coordination of the quarterly OKR’s.
- Own and drive a series of key strategic project analyses to explore new commercial opportunities: business models, competitors,
- Leading on aspects of key recruitment processes (role scoping, active sourcing, recruiter & process management and interviewing for key leadership roles)
- Working with the COO to identify opportunities for implementing more efficient processes and systems across their teams
- Drafting key internal and external communications based on high-level input (company all-hands, trade)
- Ensuring timely execution of a range of tasks and projects committed to drive change and deliver meaningful results
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Highly organized & execution-orientated you are comfortable with ruthless prioritization of your time, tasks, and objectives and understand real sense of urgency
- Relentlessly executional – you get your energy most when you’re getting things done at pace and inspiring those around you to move faster through your example.
- Analytical & strategic with the ability to analyze data, financial performance and share insights
- 3+ years’ experience working in environments including management consulting, business operations within a leading startup or scaleup, investment banking, or venture capital.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £60k - £70k for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it