Senior Wholesale Lead
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 8,183,994 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our Senior Wholesale Lead to work with and report to our Leadership team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced wholesale & retail lead to join a fast-growing startup.
- Developing and executing Ocean Bottle’s retail and wholesale go-to-market strategy to build both brand awareness and volume sales.
- Negotiating deals directly with department stores and online retailers, wholesaler distributors, industry specific wholesalers such as sports and travel wholesale stockists, and agents.
- Building and managing relationships with stockists, initially within UK markets, expanding to global coverage at a later date..
- Working with our NPD team to develop our product ecosystem and the most attention grabbing POS assets a retailer could wish for.
- Working with stockists to ensure Ocean Bottle POS in-store assets are given prime placements in store.
- Own the KPIs for wholesale, tracking and reporting progress to the Ocean Bottle Management and Leadership teams.
- Managing spend to an assigned budget and reporting status to Finance on a monthly basis.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Someone with a passion for ocean health, sustainability and doing good. We’re an impact company first and foremost, so you’ll love what you do and love the impact you can have doing it!
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience with hardgoods wholesale, retailers and online retailers within the UK and at least one other international market.
- Proven ability to establish relationships, influence and close high value deals with senior buyers in a relevant field.
- Experience managing multiple accounts with clear communication and excellent project management skills.
- Prior experience of managing a budget and being responsible for KPIs reported to management.
- Self-starter with the ability to get stuff done! Strong ability to prioritise and work effectively across multiple functions.
- Experience in the reusable bottle sector
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience with drop shipping.
- Experience across UK, US, EU and LATAM or APAC
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay £40,000 - £50,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with team-wide get-togethers and workshops on Wednesdays.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do team trips twice a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
🌍 Carbon offsetting: Did you know a Londoner’s average annual carbon footprint is 12.5 tonnes CO2, so to help combat this we include our employee’s footprint in our annual offsetting scheme.
To apply, please click here.