Sales Intern - Ocean Co.
Ocean Co, is the world's first ocean health platform, born out of Ocean Bottle. We’re committed to restoring, protecting, and securing the well-being of the ocean. Our goal is to enable anyone, anywhere to contribute to restoring the ocean, through plug-and-play solutions. Using our platform, our community members are provided with immersive education, measurable impact, real-time traceability information, and inspiring field stories. By combining education and action, Ocean Co strives to ensure a healthy and sustainable ocean for the benefit of all.
Our parent company, Ocean Bottle, founded in 2019, is a brand dedicated to positively impacting the world, built on the power of collective action and imperfect sustainability efforts. We have shipped hundreds of thousands of units across the world and formed partnerships with renowned brands from all walks of life. We have also collected 10,000,931 kgs of plastic whilst simultaneously improving the livelihoods of the communities we work with. With a focus on diversity and our impact pillars of Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop, and Climate Action, together, Ocean Bottle and Ocean Co, are united in a joint mission to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean by 2025.
Together, Ocean Bottle and Ocean Co, are united in a joint mission to combat ocean plastic and promote environmental and social justice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Sales Intern to join our Ocean Co. Sales team. Reporting to the Partnerships Manager, and supported by our Fractional CRO and Product Director this role will drive lead generation by conducting research, stakeholder mapping, and managing the transfer of opportunities onto the sales team.
For our Sales Intern, success looks like,
- Clearly tracked volume outreach
- Clearly tracked lead generation and meeting bookings
- Fully prepared clients and Partnership Managers before pitch meetings
The internship is for 24 hours per week minimum, for a 6-month contract with the potential to extend.
Your core areas of focus across the organisation will be to:
- Research and understanding prospective businesses to identify high-quality leads
- Conduct email and platform (LinkedIn) outreach to prospective leads
- Manage and book pitch meetings for the Partnership Manager to convert into Opportunities
- Clearly document and track all required sales information
- Working closely with the Sales Team to support on tasks as required
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who will have experience in the following areas:
- Previous experience with technical systems including, gmail, superhuman, CRM, LinkedIn, or is able to demonstrate the capability to learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with proficiency in English
- Great attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Able to work with minimal guidance to ensure day-to-day work is moving forward
- Good time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities to ensure work is completed on time
- Someone who embodies our values - Do Good, Take Ownership, Drive Innovation and Open Communication
Bonus Points - these are nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!
- Background in sales or business development, with an understanding of pipelines, prospecting, and the business world
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £24,856 (pro-rata) + commission for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
- Hone your sales skills working alongside an experienced B2B Sales team
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity to take on more Sales & Marketing responsibilities if they are successful
Fun stuff …
🏝️ Leave: 25 days paid holiday pro-rata
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🧘 Wellbeing resources: Monthly well-being budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🚴 Cycle to Work: Get access to 26-40% off your next bike purchase to help you reduce your carbon footprint
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome pet-friendly office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with quarterly team-wide get-togethers/workshops.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do a team trip once a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of an opportunity to spend time together as a team
To apply, please submit your application here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Ocean Bottle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally recognised protected basis prohibited by applicable law. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.