Partnership Executive - old ver.
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 3,025,752 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Partnerships Executive to join Team OB and help us spread our message to companies all over the world; offering them unique co-branding opportunities and helping them fulfil their Environmental Obligations.
The role will have two main parts:
- Converting inbound leads into successful sales partnerships
- Seeking new potential partners to work with Ocean Bottle
Your core responsibilities will be pitching Ocean Bottle directly to companies and organisations, working within the sales team and assisting other Ocean Bottle teams with their sales. The company and its impact is growing quickly so the job will be varied and no day will be the same.
The B2B market for Ocean Bottle is varied and wide, and we work with multinational conglomerates, start ups, sports teams, government bodies, and many more. Ocean Bottle is used as a promotional item, a stakeholder gift or as a CSR/ESG programme for companies to engage their employees or audience and help have an impact on the ocean plastic crisis. At OB, there is a real opportunity to identify your own niche and drive sales within it.
You’re a creative seller, knowing how to adapt your offering to every single client, even when put on the spot. You want to help make our partners' lives easier, and to reach shared goals. You’ll love a challenge, stay calm in all situations and thrive under pressure; and have strong sales abilities of course!
You’ll be able to get companies to double, or even triple, their budget for promotional gifts/CSR through smooth pitching and creating excitement around Ocean Bottle. You can maintain your own records, report back to your team and understand the importance of high productivity.
You take initiative and remain one step ahead in terms of delivering your key roles and driving the company forward. Underlying all of this, is a genuine care and empathy for the ocean, the social mobility we are enhancing and the tribe of people that love our brand and product.
- Manage inbound leads, handle small orders and pass relevant inbound leads to each department
- Generate outbound leads in new industries
- Pitch using email sequences and LinkedIn
- Pitch via written proposals, phone and video calls.
- Manage your own sales pipeline and work to targets
- Report on your sales pipeline at weekly meetings
- Convert corporations into Ocean Health Advocates.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 1 year of work experience within sales
- Experience with similar roles
- Strong numerical and written abilities
- Experience and confidence in managing your own sales pipeline and process
- Experience with creative sales
- Experience in outbound sales
- A passion for wanting to do something good in the world
- A hawk eye attention for sales, with an ability to zoom out and think big; we’re a fast growing company after all!
- Ideal additional experience: working in a startup environment
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of up to £30-32,000 OTE for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
- Meaningful Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are.
- Set your own targets; this role offers generous quarterly bonuses
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: Learning perks: Want a mentor - we’ll find you one. Additional Training Offered.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it