Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 3,025,752 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our first HR/People Lead to work directly with our COO to implement the People function. This is an excellent opportunity for a process-driven professional to join a fast-growing startup.
You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day people function. Longer-term there is a view for this person to step into a Head of People position, where the role can then become more commercially and strategically focussed.
Day to day
- Support and coach the management team to ensure team efficiency and transparency
- Implement initiatives across: performance management, talent management, compensation & benefits
- Ensure all HR administration is 100% compliant with statutory requirements during monthly audits
- Provide DE&I advice and practical guidance through operational support and continuous education programs & workshop
- Payroll support if and when required by coordinating with internal teams and accounting
- Ensure all people policies and procedures are up-to-date, in line with employment legislation and B-corp principles
- Ensure diversity & inclusion is embedded within all HR principle & business values (e.g equal pay audit, key partnerships)
- Create a recruitment plan to select, attract and retain the best profiles to support our growth and be in line with OB values. We are planning to recruit 10+ more people in 2022
- Support the recruitment function by providing guidance from inclusive job descriptions, best hiring practices whilst ensuring fair remuneration across all teams.
- Use relevant recruitment platforms to ensure a strong diverse candidates pipeline
- Set up, deploy, and lead the new members’ induction to ensure smooth on-boarding
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a minimum of 3 years in a stand-alone HR position
- You have some knowledge and experience in employment law, organizational planning, compensation, and benefits
- You have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills to strengthen communication
- You are methodical, detailed orientated, and rigorous to ensure strong foundations
Bonus Points (nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- Confident with both excel and Powerpoint reporting to run regular analysis
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it