Commercial Partnerships Executive
Founded in 2019, Ocean Bottle is a brand dedicated to positively impacting the world, built on the power of collective action and imperfect sustainability efforts. We have shipped hundreds of thousands of units across the world and formed partnerships with renowned brands from all walks of life. We have also collected 11,966,598 kgs of plastic whilst simultaneously improving the livelihoods of the communities we work with. With a focus on diversity and our impact pillars of Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop, and Climate Action, our aim is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean by 2025.
Born from Ocean Bottle, we have recently launched our new proposition, Ocean Co., which is the world's first ocean health platform, committed to restoring, protecting, and securing the well-being of the ocean. Our goal is to connect individuals and brands worldwide with the ocean's prosperous future, through plug-and-play solutions. Using our technology platform, our community members are provided with immersive education, measurable impact, real-time traceability information, and inspiring field stories. By combining education and action, Ocean Co. strives to ensure a healthy and sustainable ocean for the benefit of all.
Together, Ocean Bottle and Ocean Co., are united in a joint mission to combat ocean plastic and promote environmental and social justice.
ABOUT THE ROLEWe’re looking for a Commercial Partnerships Executive to join our Sales team. This role will play a crucial role in expanding our partnership portfolio and revenue streams by identifying, developing, and managing strategic commercial partnerships with key global organisations.
This role requires a proactive, solution-focused and results-oriented person with excellent communication and negotiation skills. You will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with partners and their networks, creating collaborative opportunities, and driving mutually beneficial business outcomes. Success looks like,
- Achieving and exceeding revenue targets through successful partnership deals
- Successfully acquiring new partnerships that align with the company's strategic goals
- Leveraging data analytics to track and measure the performance
Your core areas of focus across the organisation will be to:
- Execute Ocean Bottle’s Partnership strategy focused on fiscally sustainable partnerships.
- Own the delivery of Key Partnership deliverables as set in contracts, ensuring over delivery and customer delight.
- Own and Manage outreach through targeted industries using provided resources and own networks.
- Regular pitching in person and via phone + video calls.
- Manage your own sales pipeline + work to targets
- Support in reporting on partnership activity at company-wide meetings
- Convert partners and their networks into Ocean Health Advocates
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who will have experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years of partnership management and sales experience
- Confidence in creating pitching materials and decks
- Advanced numerical and written abilities
- Confidence in managing your own sales pipeline and process
- Experience with enterprise sales
- Accountability in achieving high growth targets, in an evolving environment
- A passion for wanting to do something good in the world
- Great attention to detail in the sales process, with an ability to zoom out and think big
- Someone who embodies our values of Do Good, Take Ownership, Drive Innovation and Open Communication
Bonus Points - these are nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!
- Working in a scaleup environment
- Marketing/Brand Experience is a bonus
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £42,000 OTE for this role, depending on experience.
Fun stuff …
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🚴 Cycle to Work: Get access to 26-40% off your next bike purchase to help you reduce your carbon footprint
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome pet-friendly office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with quarterly team-wide get-togethers/workshops.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do a team trip once a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of an opportunity to spend time together as a team
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us
Equal Opportunities Statement
Ocean Bottle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally recognised protected basis prohibited by applicable law. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.