Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 8,183,994 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our Commercial Director to join our team, reporting to the CEO. You will play a key role in setting the Commercial strategy for both our physical and digital sales, whilst leading on the execution. You’ll have plenty of experience to draw upon and be a data-driven decision maker, comfortable operating with C-suite decision makers.
- Setting and executing the global commercial strategy for Ocean Bottle. This will require a holistic approach that brings together both the physical and digital products, opportunities and go-to-market (GTM) routes. This will cover both B2B and D2C channels, but with a primary focus on the B2B channel.
- Managing the Sales team for both physical and digital products - including setting clearly defined, proven performance metrics, motivating and inspiring cross-functional teams to deliver our shared business goals.
- Working with Marketing to develop initiatives around product, promotions, PR stunts and marketing materials to drive revenue and profitability across global markets and various channels.
- Developing the B2B, Partnerships, Retail, D2C and Platform revenue streams internationally.
- Leading on the largest sales and partnership opportunities, closing deals with +£bn revenue businesses.
- Managing and reporting on the Sales’ KPIs, budgets and the P&L performance.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of proven and seasoned multinational corporation B2B commercial experience, with track record developing and executing successful, data-driven sales, pricing and GTM strategies across multiple channels in multiple jurisdictions.
- Someone with a passion for ocean health, sustainability and doing good. We’re an impact company first and foremost, so you’ll love what you do and love the impact you can have doing it!
- Proven experience in managing and growing high-performing commercial teams (business development, account management, partnerships and marketing), with demonstrated ability to manage sales and marketing objectives holistically across multiple markets.
- Data driven and diligent decision maker, able to course correct and make tough decisions quickly and effectively with data at hand.
- Get-stuff-done attitude, ready to apply big corporate experience as fuel to this scaling rocket ship!
- Experience with B2B SaaS
- Experience in the reusable bottle/product sector
- Experience across UK, US, EU and LATAM or APAC
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £100,000 OTE for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with team-wide get-togethers and workshops on Wednesdays.
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do team trips twice a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
🌍 Carbon offsetting: Did you know a Londoner’s average annual carbon footprint is 12.5 tonnes CO2, so to help combat this we include our employee’s footprint in our annual offsetting scheme.
To apply, please click here.