Head of Procurement
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 5,997,007 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our first Head of Procurement to provide leadership and direction to OB’s Global procurement requirements. This is an excellent opportunity for a data-driven professional to join a fast-growing startup.
Working closely with the Head of Operations and Head of NPD, you will be driving efficiencies and improvements across our supply chain, overall production costs and lead times, with a focus on ensuring sustainable procurement practices.
- Develop, implement and deliver a global sourcing strategy and activities to support the agreed business objectives
- Identify, qualify, contract and manage external Suppliers for direct products in line with the given budget
- Ensure that the supply base meets our governance and sustainability of the suppliers’ companies
- Drive continuous improvement across quality, efficiency, and costs, while working in an ever-changing and growing environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years as an experienced sourcing leader ideally within the cosmetic, homeware, or lifestyle industry with a strong drive to continuous improvement on supplier performance
- Experience with sourcing & manufacturing in China
- Excellent analytical problem solving and experience with ERP systems; budgeting, planning, and expert knowledge of P&L
- Core competence and deep technical experience in global sourcing, procurement and ERP
- Demonstrated strong negotiation, and networking skills
- You must be able to automate processes and also provide a delightful customer experience at all touch-points
Bonus Points (nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Experience in sustainable supply chain management
- Experience in scaling up ops/supply chain function from seed to series A, B
- CIPS membership or equivalent
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £65,000 - £75,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! Awesome office located in the heart of Soho, with team wide get togethers/workshops on Wednesdays. As we grow we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it.