Head of Brand Collaborations
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 4,039,607 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for a proven, experienced leader to build and lead our Brand Collaborations team at an exciting period of growth. We’ve attracted some amazing brands to partner with us and now we’re looking to drive the future of collaborations at Ocean Bottle. As a company with a world leading impact product we are in a unique position to leverage collaborations with incredible brands, lean on their brand equity and engage their audiences with tangible impact that is tailored and authentic to them. You will set the strategy with the sales team to target sectors with both a commercial opportunity and a desirable audience that will positively influence the brand, build awareness and ultimately drive B2C & B2B sales.
You will be responsible for identifying and delivering creative and collaborative partnership deals that get us close to hard-to-reach audiences in a cost effective way. We are investing heavily in this team and you will be leading this department, reporting into the CMO and working closely with the sales and brand teams but with freedom and autonomy to deliver your objectives with your own team. While you’re experienced and strategic you are willing to perform hands-on work while the team is growing.
Strategy and relationship management
- Define the success objectives for team and ensure efficient measurement metrics and ambitious targets are in place
- Forecast revenue and manage collaborations budget
- Support commercial partnerships with their outbound strategy to drive forward high value partnerships which deliver both reach & desired audiences
- Identify potential brand partners in-line with the strategy
- Set strategy to deliver partner activities and brand moments throughout calendar year working closely with the brand team
- Set strategy with NPD for bespoke product drops and collaborations that drive brand hype
- Manage and maintain relationships with existing key partners
Outreach and Inbound leads management
- Build a pipeline of relationships with leaders and key decision makers at prospective partnership brands
- Lead the outreach to targeted partners, leveraging key networks and contacts, including Walpole members to maximise our year of being a Walpole Brand of Tomorrow 2022
Commercials, Content & Campaigns
- Working with the sales / commercial partnerships team on bespoke campaigns and content for their key collaborations
- Set individual campaign objectives on all partnership activity, brand and commercial and lead contract negotiation and budget management
- Integrate our app proposition into specific collaborations where appropriate
- Support the Brand Collaborations Manager and work cross functionally with Ops & NPD to bring forward launches and product drops throughout the calendar year to drive product & brand hype
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven track record of building commercial and content partnerships, ideally for challenger brands
- Passionate about our purpose and driven by working at an impact company and accelerating the sustainability agenda
- Experience of achieving targets and driving revenue in a high-growth, rapidly evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to inspire internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and generate confidence, trust and respect
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects/agreements at once, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience hiring and managing a team
Bonus Points (nonessential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment and an established business
Experience in brand collaborations with digital products and consumer goods
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £50,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive team and way of working
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint - Mangroves are the future!
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it