Supply Chain Analyst
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 4,039,607 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our first Supply Chain Analyst to work directly with the Senior Operations Manager & Ops team. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally savvy & highly analytical professional to join a fast growing startup with the potential to progress quickly.
You will take ownership of our sourcing strategies & cost reduction, track spend, COGS & margin, lead times, as well as measuring efficiency & improving stock planning across the end to end supply chain. As a primarily factory facing role, you will also tender negotiation & implementation of supplier agreements.
You will have strong analytical and numerical skills and have had some exposure to Procurement & Supply Chain. You will also be a commercial thinker who can make decisions and solve problems at a quick pace.
- Perform meaningful data analysis across the supply chain (such as cost, lead time, error rates & performance measures) to identify insights in order to continuously improve the performance of the operations function
- Investigate alternative sources and methods of supply to provide the required quality, price and support in the procurements of goods and services
- Problem solving as the business grows rapidly, prioritising based on the highest value once solved
- Develop tools to support the ops & supply chain team
- Oversee manufacturing quality control to ensure we roll out world class products
- Maintain an approved vendor list across the supply chain
- Provide analytical & sourcing support on new business initiatives where needed (such as NPD), ensuring optimal sourcing procedures are in place
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SLAs where appropriate
We are looking for a commercially minded Supply Chain Analyst to bolster our supply chain operations. Problem solving skills and high attention to detail are essential. You will also be process driven, with the ability to provide solutions to any problem.
The role will report directly to our Senior Operations Manager with a focus on developing and maintaining KPIs for performance improvements across the supply chain and our suppliers. However you will also support our Finance & New Product Development team in providing key reports and material to encourage intelligent business decisions.
WHAT WE NEED
- At least 3+ years experience of analysis and reporting (ideally in a manufacturing, logistics or supply chain background)
- You are comfortable with COGS, margin, KPI production & SLA management.
- Demonstrated a strong track record of negotiation & ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving
- A strong numerical acumen enabling you to gather and interpret & communicate data effectively and clearly
- Intermediate Google sheets knowledge, eg. charting, v look up, pivot tables, slicers, data manipulation
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (eg. inventory management & production planning)
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and data driven
Bonus Points (non essential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Any experience working within the sustainability field
- Experience working in a fast-growth environment
So, if you’ve done something like this before and this description resonates with you, then hit apply!
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £38,000 - £42,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! Office based in Soho Square every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint