Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 6,727,014 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, social justice is environmental justice. It’s our belief better ideas come from a more diverse team, we are proud of our diversity policy. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do; Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for an Operations Assistant to work directly with the Head of Operations, Supply Chain lead & our other Operations Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally savvy professional to join a fast-growing startup with the potential to progress quickly.
You will help us monitor all operational activities across the end-to-end supply chain and offer support in global supply chain projects. You will liaise with third-party manufacturers, warehouses, and the end customers; building lasting relationships. As an Operations Assistant, you will work closely alongside our sales & finance team, supporting cross-functional workstreams.
- Manage the day-to-day operations such as order management, invoicing, and answering customer queries
- Provide our B2B customers with world-class service, ensuring timely deliveries
- Give regular updates to the Operations team on customer orders, stock deliveries & stock levels.
- Manage order inputting & prompt email response time
- Drive operational excellence and support improvement in operational processes
- Ensure finance & ops related reports are completed on time (eg. shipping costs, no. orders delivered on time, stock counts)
- Stock management - place orders with suppliers to ensure sufficient stock is available at all times
You will be a dependable, self-motivated, and proactive person having worked previously in a similar role, using inventory management software such as NetSuite or Cin7 (desired but not essential). You’ll have a bright and positive attitude and engage with customers & internal stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
It is vital that you can thrive in a fast-paced environment and be eager to deliver the best possible experience to our B2B customers. Strong organisational skills are essential. As we’re working with so many companies, partners, and shipping bottles worldwide, you’ll need real attention to detail and a logistics-oriented mindset. You digest the information you are presented with and keep information stored at your fingertips and are highly solution-oriented.
So, if you’ve done something like this before and this description resonates with you, then hit apply!
WHAT WE NEED
- You have 1+ years of operations/supply chain/customer service experience
- Passion for giving exceptional customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Standout attention to detail and data entry skills - a high level of accuracy is essential
- Great organisational & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of order processing
- The ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
Bonus Points (non-essential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Inventory management experience (preferable but not required as full training is provided)
- Previous experience in a B2B role is an advantage, but not essential
- You might have experience working with brand partners, distributors, and retail within a start-up or scale-up business (sustainable brands preferable!)
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £25,000 - £28,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
📈 Stock options: We provide stock options so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
🏝️ Leave: Around 6 weeks of annual leave (25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, and additional discretionary leave over the Christmas period)
🥳 Birthday leave: The day off on your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday!
⏰ Flexible working: We have a hybrid working model which includes options for team remote-working months, flexible working, and flexible unpaid leave
🍼 Family leave: Enhanced family leave for all employees based on tenure
🧘 Wellbeing resources: £30 monthly wellbeing budget through Heka, and access to mental health platform, Spill
🍕 Team socials: We have an awesome office based in the heart of Soho (Soho Square), with team-wide get-togethers and workshops on Wednesdays
🧳 Team trips: We plan to do team trips twice a year if circumstances allow. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places
📚 Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us
🌍 Carbon offsetting: Did you know a Londoner’s average annual carbon footprint is 12.5 tonnes of CO2, so to help combat this we include our employee’s footprint in our annual offsetting scheme
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.