Freelance Product Marketing Manager - Mobile App
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 6,281,354 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and centre to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop, and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for a Freelance Product Marketing Manager - Mobile App to join Team OB and help drive the growth of our Impact Platform and Mobile App (you can check it out on the App Store & Google Play Store).
Our Impact Platform is a new exciting proposition at Ocean Bottle. We make it easy for individuals and organisations to actively improve ocean health every day by contributing to the collection of ocean-bound plastic. Via our platform, we track daily environmentally positive behaviours like refilling with a reusable bottle/cup and reward them with verified plastic collection. Connecting people here in the Global North directly to the collectors on the front lines of the ocean plastic crisis. This service is accessible to all via our mobile app, or through APIs which can be repurposed by organisations. We want to drive behavioural change and impact at scale and do it in a fully traceable and trackable way!
As our Freelance Product Marketing Manager - Mobile App, you will be bridging the gap between the Platform and Marketing teams. We will look for you to focus on driving initiatives that will help drive the adoption of our product, increase its usage and accelerate behaviour change to turn the tide on the ocean plastic crisis.
You will be responsible for developing the product positioning, building go-to-market plans, carrying out competitor reviews, researching and advocating for customers/users, helping shape the product roadmap, and owning the growth strategy for existing and new customer-facing products and features.
- Conduct competitor research to benchmark and position our solution vs. the competition;
- Work alongside the Platform team to identify our customer/user’s needs and how our product works;
- Share actionable insights and product requirements with product management;
- Define our value proposition by developing core messaging and positioning;
- Develop solutions for marketing and sales materials including web pages, videos, demos, FAQs, and battle cards, working with the brand team to inform production schedules and content deliverables;
- Drive impactful go-to-market launch strategies by owning the development of audience strategy, value proposition, messaging, positioning, and channel marketing activities and manage execution within the company and relevant teams;
- Run experiments to test hypotheses and bring methodical rigour to campaigns for informing the go-to-market strategy. Delivering campaigns with a strong bias for growth & business impact;
- Contribute to thought leadership development by being the eyes and ears on how the market is moving.
- 5 years minimum experience working within Tech & Marketing Orgs, with demonstrated experience in a product marketing capacity;
- Experience in a product marketing capacity at a mobile app company;
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent communication skills;
- Solid experience crafting succinct and impactful sales & marketing materials. Writing skills are essential;
- Self-starter who is creative and thrives in an entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment;
- Proven record working in cross-functional teams
- Experience with marketing tools (CRM, ASO);
- Cares deeply about the climate and ocean health!
- Project management experience in a cross-functional environment;
- Experience in a Sustainable Impact start-up;
- Demonstrated experience in lead generation and/or product usage improvement;
- Experience in building landing pages and/or ASO;
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a daily fee of £250 - £300 for this role, depending on experience.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com