Content and Community Coordinator
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 4,039,607 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for a Content & Community Coordinator to help us grow our social media presence, storytelling, and our community across B2C, B2B and the Ocean Bottle app that brings people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic by rewarding refills. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to kickstart their career in marketing who has a strong interest in social media and the influencer world. You will be familiar with platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok, and an interest in YouTube is a plus.
- Assist the Community & Partnerships Executive with research and concept creation in relation to the Ocean Bottle content strategy, schedule the content across our channels according to the marketing calendar of events.
- Create content in Canva, and help execute it across our social channels, b2b channels and the Ocean Bottle app.
- Support with influencer outreach and management ensuring we get awesome content and partnerships across platforms to ultimately grow the community leveraging their reach and getting great content to drive engagement on our own channels.
- Daily engagement on social focusing on growing the community, responding to customer dms and helping feed into product development, messaging, marketing ideas and insights to drive people to the app.
- General admin support such as: managing our content stream via Google Drive
- Creating fun, and engaging TikTok’s and Instagram stories
- Helping support the marketing team on events, campaigns and activations over the year.
YOU WILL BE
We’re looking for someone who is extremely well organised and full to the brim with new and exciting ideas to join our team.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a marketing role or similar as an internship or graduate program
- You will have a real enthusiasm for social media, video content creation and design, with an interest in next generation brands
- You get excited about content and are full of creative, innovative ideas to bring to the table for Instagram and TikTok and how to grow the community
- High level of literacy and strong grasp of English language, written and spoken for copywriting
- Good communication skills and strong verbal skills
- Able to manage a variety of projects and tasks
- Wanting to work for an impact company that is making a difference and creating a better future.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop (or a similar tool)
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £22,500 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive team and way of working
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint - Mangroves are the future!
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it