Commercial Partnerships Manager
Our mission is to bring people together to turn the tide on ocean plastic. It's our belief that we don’t need a handful of people doing sustainability perfectly, we need millions doing it imperfectly. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a lean but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped hundreds of thousands of units to 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Red Bull, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 5,997,007 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time, because whether at home or further afield, environmental justice is social justice. We are proud of our diversity policy and it’s our belief that better ideas come from a more diverse team and that the ocean needs all of us. Our work is driven by our impact pillars, which we put front and center to what we do: Ocean Health, Social Good, Closing the Loop and Climate Action. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
Will you help us get there?
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a new Commercial Partnerships Manager to join Team OB and help lead our commercial partnerships.
The market for Ocean Bottle is varied and wide, and we work with multinational conglomerates, start ups, sports teams, government bodies, and many more. Ocean Bottle is used as a promotional item, a stakeholder gift or as a CSR/ESG programme for companies to engage their employees or audience and help have an impact on the ocean plastic crisis. We need the right Commercial Partnerships Manager to help us win the opportunities within high profile clients and drive plastic collection through them.
The role of Commercial Partnerships differs from direct sales, as we are working with the partner towards a joint target - which could be total plastic collection, a revenue sharing model or world leading product placement
The role will have three main parts:
- Own our existing Commercial Partnerships, focusing on expanding our revenue sharing/licencing agreements, activations and long term growth
- Develop new partnerships through structured and targeted outreach, focused on opportunities that would otherwise go to non impact competitors. Key focus; Sponsorship Lead Events (Live Events, Sports)
- Support Brand Collaborations + Marketing Teams with commercial terms, ensuring Ocean Bottle gets maximum value from each partnership
Within Partnerships, you will be managing your own pipeline, developing and closing opportunities. Reporting into the Head of Sales + whilst working closely with the Marketing team.
The company and its impact is growing quickly so the job will be varied and no day will be the same.
You’re excited about working with our existing partners, such as Red Bull Racing, SohoHouse, SailGP or Manchester United to help them maximize the value of their pioneering CSR Policies + brand association with Ocean Bottle.
You’re a creative seller and know how to adapt your offering to every single client, even when put on the spot. Working closely with the Head of Sales, you’ll create a partnerships pipeline and work towards a target of new partnerships on a quarterly basis.
You’ll love an opportunity, stay calm in all situations and thrive under pressure; and have strong sales abilities of course!
You can maintain your own records, pipeline and forecasting, with the ability to report back to your team and understand the importance of high productivity.
You take initiative and remain one step ahead in terms of delivering your key roles and driving the company forward. Underlying all of this, is a genuine care for the ocean, environmental action, the social mobility we are enhancing and the tribe of people that love our brand and product.
- Own Commercial Partnerships within Ocean Bottle, both existing and new business.
- Work closely with our existing Commercial Partnerships, ensuring we find a way to maximize the partnership for each party involved.
- Working on a partnerships focused pipeline, driving revenue, brand exposure a
- Negotiating Commercial Partnerships, supporting the brand and marketing team and elsewhere
- Convert corporations into Ocean Health Advocates
- At least 4 years of Partnerships Experience, focused on
- Independently managing accounts, ensuring both parties maximize the opportunities presented
- Pitching Clients, through written proposals and presentations in person
- Creative Proposals, taking a pitch beyond the expectations of both parties
- Commercial Experience
- Experience in Licencing, Royalties and Revenue sharing models
- Experience in creating and executing term sheets, Brand Activations and annual agreements.
- Experience of achieving high growth targets, in an evolving environment
- Experience and confidence in managing your own sales pipeline and process
- A passion for wanting to do something good in the world
- A hawk eye for sales, with an ability to zoom out and think big; we’re a fast growing company after all!
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience in Sports Sales
- Additional Languages
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of up to £45,000 OTE for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
- Meaningful Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are.
- Set your own targets; this role offers generous quarterly bonuses
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas every fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday - Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: Want a mentor - we’ll find you one. Additional Training Offered.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
To apply, please send the below details to email@example.com:
- A quick blurb about why you're interested in the role and why you think you'd be great for it